Monday, December 28, 2009

Vancouver


Derek and I enjoyed a vacation in Vancouver the first part of Thanksgiving week. My parents watched Logan while we traveled up North to see where the Winter Olympics will be held in 2010...and what a sight it was! Vancouver was nice, but the part of the trip we enjoyed most was visiting Whistler Village. The mountain was beautiful with an early snow, and the people were absolutely amazing.

Here are some pictures at Whistler:


While on the mountain, we embarked on a snow-mobiling trip. Pre-Mom Lacy would have loved hopping on a snow mobile and racing up a mountain. However, Post-Mom Lacy was terrified! Thank goodness Derek was driving and all I had to do was hang on for dear life and think positive thoughts. Although the trip was a little scary, the sights were amazing:


Derek snapped a few shots of the luge track (but they were blurry)...we have heard it will be open to the public after the Olympics...Whistler part II with a trip down the track? Maybe so.
So, here is what we would look like down the bobsled track instead:

So, I just had to share this shot...Derek's family has a long tradition of taking a mooning picture on each family vacation (oh yes, we even have one of Derek mooning in Hawaii). So, this port-0-potty just summed it up best:I am a Sunday Morning junkie. I watch the show every week, and one of my favorite stories was about how Tim Horton's (a Canadian favorite) was trying to branch out into the US. Long story short, Dunkin' Donuts is none too happy about this venture. However, I had to try the donut loved by an entire country! Yummy.

What a fabulous vacation! Once we arrived home, it was time to celebrate another first for Logan, Thanksgiving!

No comments: