Sunday, March 22, 2009

"The" Weekend


So, we got brave and decided to enjoy a getaway weekend to Las Vegas while Logan stayed home with his Grandparents. Part of me was wildly excited about a weekend in Vegas, as it is a place we truly enjoy (great shows, good food and penny slots). The other part of me wanted to send Derek by himself as I didn't want to leave my sweet baby. The first day I called a lot, to the point where my parents nicely asked me to stop calling and enjoy my vacation with my husband. The second day I only called twice and learned that Logan was having a grand time! The third day, homecoming day, I was so anxious for the plane to land in Dallas and for 0ur car to pull into the driveway. I found myself getting frustrated with people leisurely putting their bags away and those refusing to turn off their cell phones as it was delaying our flight (by mere minutes in reality, but in Mommy time it was hours). However, the flight was quiet nice and before I knew it we were back home and I was greeted with a huge smile from Logan.

My reccomendation is that all new parents enjoy a weekend away when possible. I felt like a whole new Mommy upon our return.

Here are a few highlights from our trip. First, I was a first class rookie, which must have been comical to those around me. Derek upgraded me with his miles (this is when all of his traveling pays off) and I was able to enjoy a first class seat! My first time in front of the curtain versus behind the curtain. Very exciting (except for the fact that Derek was in coach). So first came the hot towels...luckily I have watched enough movies to know about the hot towel...whew. Next came the appetizer of hot, mixed nuts...seriously this is my new favorite treat. Then the meal and here came the funny part to me. When they served my meal she asked if I would like a glass of wine. Considering I was only used to coach where wine is not free, I passed, only to learn that wine is complimentary! No wonder there are so many stories of unruly drunks in first class. So, I ask for a glass of wine...but then I learned from the gentleman next to me that champagne is complimentary too! And I am a huge champagne fan. So, I traded in my glass of wine for champagne...the flight attendant must have thought I lacked the ability to make up my mind. So now I am kicked back with my mini bottle of yummy champagne, my meal and sweet music on the Ipod. The next part was my favorite...warm chocolate chip cookies! They gave the mixed nuts a run for their money. Overall my first class experience was great and the trip home was back to reality as I enjoyed my small cup of Sprite squished next to Derek and our fellow passengers in coach.

Once in Vegas, we enjoyed the Beattles Love show, Rao's Italtian restaurant, an evening at Tao, a cool down at Minus 5 Ice Bar and a trip to the the spa at Caesar's. All wonderful experiences! We packed a lot into a short weekend and loved every minute of it. I have to say my favorite part though, was just spending time with Derek.

Our View at Tao

















Enjoying Drinks at the Ice Bar, even our glasses were made of ice!


















Me in the future










Derek couldn't pass up taking a picture in front of the French Connection UK (like they didn't know what their store name looked like!)









Fish faces at the Noodle Company No. 9
The sweet smile we came home to

No comments: