Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spontaneity Lives!

Okay, so I thought once the baby arrived spontaneity was out the door. And in some cases it is. For example, a 9 o'clock ice cream run is pretty much out of the picture as our darling Logan is sound asleep by that hour. And do I really need a hot fudge sundae at 9pm, not really. However, we spontaneously decided to go out for breakfast this morning and it was wonderful! As we were watching Sunday Morning (my favorite "grown up" show), I was reading about cheap eats in Dallas. I came across a place that served "Austin-style" breakfast tacos and to our amazement, it was just right down the road in Rockwall. So within minutes, we threw on some clothes, got the diaper bag re-stocked, buckled Logan into his carseat and away we went. It all seemed too easy and I was super excited to know that we can go somewhere on a whim if we chose (with a few exceptions). Yeah!


And by the way, the tacos were amazing! Some of you know I have been on a breakfast taco hunt since I moved to Dallas 6 years ago and have yet to find anywhere that compares to the Taco Lady in San Marcos. However, the tacos this morning were right up there with the best! And for those of you that like Chuy's creamy jalapeno, Chiloso's has their own version which is delicious.


Below is Logan enjoying his spontaneous outing by playing a game of peek a boo...

No comments: