Friday, February 20, 2009

Say Cheese!

Our little Logan is smiling, cooing and laughing! This trio makes me clap and get all excited as if he just scored the winning touchdown at the Super Bowl. Derek laughs at my enthusiasm, but then I catch him doing the same thing (minus the high pitched squealing). I cannot tell you how awesome it is to walk into his room and see that smiling face first thing in the morning (even if that is at 4 am). Plus the reassurance to know that he is happy is awesome.

Logan is much more alert now and we love looking into those baby blue eyes. At his visit last week, he weighed almost 12 pounds and was 23 1/2 inches long. Once I learned that information it made sense why he had been such a ravenous eater the last few weeks. When the charts said an average of 3 ounces per feeding and my little munchkin was eating 5 ounces, I was a little shocked. But, he is a healthy, growing boy so I now say, eat away sweet Son!

We have had some more adventures. Logan and I took our first road trip to San Marcos last week and it was a marvelous time with my family and friends! I was so nervous about the 4 hour drive that I barely slept the night before and I had butterflies in my tummy. However, I only had to stop once for a feeding and he was welcomed by Grandma and Grandpa with big hugs and kisses. My Dad could not wait to get him out in the woods by their house to see the deer, and the adventure made for some cute pictures. The week we visited was also the first week that Logan laughed, so you should have seen us huddled around his activity mat doing everything to recreate that laugh. Who needed American Idol, Logan was our entertainment!

This week we met up with Logan's newest friend, Carson. She is a month old and is absolutely precious! At one point the two babies were staring at each other as if talking telepathically. If I had to guess, the conversation was something like this: Logan to Carson, "So, does your Mommy act silly and dance around to make you laugh too?" Carson to Logan, "Oh yes, aren't Mommies funny?" Logan to Carson, "They sure are, but how can you not love them?" Either that, or they were trying to figure out how to make a break for it.

Derek and I also had our first date last Sunday. His parents watched Logan while we had brunch at Hannah's, this great restaurant in Denton, and then enjoyed ice cream on the square. My stomach sank when we left Logan because it was such a new experience, but we really enjoyed our one on one time together. It was a nice refresher so that we can be the best parents possible. I would love to post a picture, but then we thought it was silly to take a picture of us on our first date post Logan...who wants to see that?

So, we have had a lot of firsts lately and I am sure there are many, many more to come! Life is grand! Oh, many of you ask how the dogs are holding up with the new baby and they are doing great...lazy as ever as you can see! They really do well with him and are mostly uninterested in him unless he has a dirty diaper, then they like to follow me to the changing table with their noses to his bottom. However, Logan loves looking at them, especially Polly with all of her different colors. He follows both Polly and Sam with his eyes as they walk past him. We joke that if he ever asks for a pony, we will point out that he already has two in his home!

No comments: