As I sit here with pee and spit up on my shirt, I still feel like the proudest mommy! It's like a badge of honor to wear such gross things on your clothes. And I love how Derek and I now compare notes in the morning light of who changed the most disgusting dirty diaper overnight. Yes, people, these are our conversations. We honestly try to talk about other things, but we keep coming back to the gross moments that let us know our son is happy and healthy (please note, we are seriously working on other conversation topics so that we do not become those parents that only talk about dirty diapers). Overall, life is good! Some days I want to sit on the floor and cry, but then I remember to laugh because these moments won't last long and I will miss them. So when I experienced projectile spit-up the other day (I know all you parents out there warned me about this poltergeist moment) I laughed my butt off and called Derek!
So, our son really does do more than the fun things mentioned above. In fact, we have a lot of firsts that have occurred over the last two weeks! Here is a quick run-down:
-The first smile and the oh-so-sweet full mouth grin (my heart melts every time)
-The first coo and even what I thought might be a giggle today
-The ability to hold his head up for longer than a second, and accompanied with those bright blue eyes, it is a joyous moment
Logan is now going on week 8, and I think it is time to start counting his age in mon
ths. I am so used to tracking time in weeks (first with the pregnancy, then with Logan), however I think those that ask "how old is he" would prefer the answer with the least amount of math involved. Logan loves sitting in his swing, and his favorite toy is the turtle on his bouncy seat. He has started to bat at it and smile when the turtle moves back and forth! Logan has also discovered the dogs and loves to follow them as they walk past him. Polly is his favorite, I think because of her black and white coloring. And they both love their Logan!
So, as I always say, life is good! We wish you all a wonderful week ahead.

No comments:
Post a Comment