Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's a...


BOY! In the doctor's words "Undeniably paint the world blue because this child is a boy!" Derek and I are absolutely thrilled! We cannot wait to welcome our son into this world and look forward to his first smile, first hug and pretty much his first everything. We feel so blessed to be welcoming a boy into our family. Derek is excited to have a little buddy and son's always love their mommies so we are both SO happy!

We told my parents with a mailed package complete with a baseball glove, baseball cap, blue bib and a letter. I have included a little bit of the letter in this blog:

"Today I saw your Grandson like never before. He is an absolutely perfect 9 ounces with 10 tiny fingers and 10 tiny toes. We saw his face and I think he is handsome already (although he looks more like an alien than a human at this point)...I saw your beautiful Grandson do several somersaults today and play a little hide and go seek with the sonogram technician. While she was trying to take a look at the heart he couldn't stop wiggling, which made me laugh and made him wiggle more. Then when she tried to get a picture of his face he turned backwards and put his face down. Then when it was time to look at his legs and feet, he curled his legs right up under him. He was definitely having a fun time today and was a joy to watch."

Tonight we plan on watching the DVD of the sonogram, as I cannot get enough of him already! This weekend the nursery decorating will begin! The theme is safari complete with jungle animals such as giraffes, lions, elephants and monkeys. I will post pictures on the various stages of the nursery, so you can see where our sweet angel will be sleeping.

Life is certainly grand and I am so happy to soon be a family of 3 and 2 Danes, although I will be outnumbered as there will be more boys in the house than girls. Oh, but what a joy a little boy will be! We love you all and thank you for reading our blog and sharing in our excitement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! You guys will do great with a boy! I can't wait to find out if Baby D is getting a playmate or a girlfriend :-)

Tiffany and Joe said...

YAY! I'm so excited! I can't wait to come see the baby's room...Joe and I will be going to Shreveport sometime in Sept. so we will have to stop by on the way out (or in)and see what decorating you have done! You are going to be wonderful parents! I'm so excited for you both!!!
Lots of love,
Tiff

Anonymous said...

A BOY, that's so exciting!! I'm anxious to see pictures of the nursery! I love your idea of having jungle animals. I bet that's going to turn out really cute!