Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our little turnip

We are so excited about our little turnip! The baby is 5 inches long and is considered the size of a turnip, hence why we are calling it our little turnip! A sneak peak into next week shows that we will be calling Baby D our little bell pepper.

I can now feel the baby kick every few days, which is so neat! It is still too early to feel constant movement, so I treasure the moments when I feel a little kick close to my belly button. We have now learned that Baby D loves anything with base (at least that is when I can feel the kicks). This weekend, it was live Texas Country that got our Baby moving. I wish Derek could feel what I feel, however soon enough he will. In the meantime, he enjoys talking to our little one. Usually he tells some funny story about me that makes me laugh and gives the baby a ride.

Derek and I have an exciting August planned, including a trip to Ruidoso to visit with my Grandparents, my sweet Aunt and my Cousin and his cutie Wife. It will be the first time for them to see my baby belly, so we are all excited.

I also wanted to share some great news about my Mom. She won The Honoring Women Entrepreneurs Award for being one of the most dynamic and inspiring business leaders in San Marcos for 2008. I am so proud of her! My Mom has always instilled a sense of community involvement and volunteerism in me, and I plan to pass that spirit onto our children. Here is a picture of my Mom and Dad with the award she won. Yeah, Mom!

I wish all of you a wonderful week! Stay tuned for next week's post as we should find out if this little one is a boy or girl next Wednesday!

1 comment:

Ms. Judy said...

Your mom is one of the most inspiring women I know!