Monday, August 25, 2008

T Minus 4 Months and Counting!

T Minus 4 Months and Counting! (pictures by Kristi House)




What a wonderful few weeks! First, Derek and I went to Ruidoso last weekend to visit my Grandparents, Aunt, Cousin and his Wife (pictures of the family below). It was a bittersweet trip as that was the last time Derek and I will be able to travel there to see my Grandparents until after the baby is born due to the altitude. However, I cannot wait until next year when we get to take Baby D to Ruidoso to meet his GreatGrandparents in person. Our visit last weekend was absolutely wonderful and of course the weather in the mountains was so nice! We enjoyed visiting with family, showing off the baby bump and shopping for our sweet son. Also, Dustin's wife Kristi (my cousin-in-law who is really more like my sister-in-law) took some great pregnancy photos for us. I have shared a sneak peak above and Derek and I cannot wait to see the full shoot. Kristi is growing her portfolio and I think she is a great photographer!

During the last two weeks I have been able to feel the baby kick and move multiple times a day. I am starting to learn his patterns and love it when he wakes up and I can feel him moving around. The reassurance is so nice and the bond I am starting to grow with him is amazing! I even saw one kick from the outside two days ago. Sweet Derek tries to feel the kicks and I know in just a few more weeks, he will finally be able to feel his son kicking. Derek does laugh at me because every now and then our little boy hits a nerve and tickles me from the inside, and I just start laughing and squirming! This little guy is active and we already love him so much.

And at 21 weeks along, we have the crib all set up! It was an adventure taking the old '69 Chevy truck to Mesquite to pick up the crib. I cannot wait to write the full story in the baby book. I am happy we have the crib in our house and happy we will be putting the truck up for sale! I love the truck, but we could use the storage space in the garage and I know our future spare time will be spent with Baby D. However, I included a picture of Derek in the truck as this country girl thinks her husband looks really good driving it!

After Derek set up the crib and we finalized plans for the rest of the nursery, we attended my friend Jennifer's wedding on Saturday night. It was a spectacular event held in Denton and the bride and groom couldn't be happier! Below is a picture of me feeling like one giant polka dot! However, you can see that the baby bump is growing. And thank you to all of my friends who told me once I made it through the first trimester, the second trimester would be bliss. It is so true! I feel great, excluding the swelling feet I noticed yesterday (we now call my toes my little sausages). But, hey, it's all worth it!

We also realized this weekend that baby toys could accidentally become dog toys if we don't watch the two Danes. Baby D's nursery will have the cute monkey in the photo below hanging in his room, however Polly truly thought the toy was hers this weekend. She sat like such a good girl waiting for Derek to hand it to her only to learn that it was not for her. However, from another view, I have a feeling dog toys may become baby toys! The next year and on will be such a wonderful journey full of laughter and love.

So, it has been an adventurous two weeks and somewhere in there Derek and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary. We are both so happily focused on Baby that we forgot to wish each other Happy Anniversary until later in the day. I think our parents and Aunt remembered quicker than we did! However, we enjoyed a nice anniversary dinner and were sure to wish each other a "Happy Day After Our Anniversary" the very next morning!

No comments: