Tuesday, July 22, 2008

16 Weeks!


Here we are at 16 weeks! Part of me feels like the time is speeding up and part of me thinks, it has only been 10 weeks since we found out we were pregnant? All I can say is that a lot of amazing things have happened in 10 short weeks since knowing the exciting news that Baby D would be making his/her entrance into our lives. Everything is Baby now, and I love it!

All of our family and friends now know our exciting news, which was so hard to keep in until the pivotal 12 week marker. The responses have been wonderful! We truly have the most amazing family and friends whom we love having in our lives. Some have screamed in joy with the exciting news, some have teared up, some said they knew it and some gave us a simple smile that said it all.

So what's new with the baby (that's what you really want to know)...Baby D is now the size of an avocado and is 4.5 inches long. I think ours might be a kick boxer or perhaps part kangaroo. At our doctor's appointment last week, the baby was moving and kicking quiet a bit...a little nervous about what that will be like when I can actually feel the kicks instead of just seeing/hearing them at the doctor's office. My Mom informed me last weekend that I liked to put my feet right up under her rib cage and stretch completely out. Sorry, Mom!

I also think I felt Baby D kicking on Saturday night! I was lying in bed, ready to fall asleep, and I was extremely still. I felt the flutters the books describe and just started smiling! I did not want to move for the fear that I would not feel the movements again. It was a pleasant way to fall asleep knowing that Baby D was a-okay.

So what's next...on August 6th we go in for our level 2 sonogram, which is the one where they can determine the sex of the baby (if little Baby D will cooperate). Derek is on full countdown mode! His excitement is so cute and sweet. Originally I thought our little one was a girl, however I had a dream this weekend that Baby D was a beautiful baby boy with cute blonde curls.

I wanted to share some pictures with everyone, as some of you have asked what I look like now. I will tell you that the baby belly has grown and I am wearing all maternity clothes now (and proud of it)! I have only gained 2 lbs though, which is great as I am trying to stay within the recommended amount of weight gain.

Picture descriptions: The baby belly, Derek and I with the cute onesies my mother-in-law gave us (they say I heart Mommy and I heart Daddy). My mother-in-law and I with the beautiful baby blanket she crocheted.

Also, my wonderful parents brought the rocking chair my Mom rocked me in as a Baby to our house last weekend (pictures to come). I love that rocking chair and am so happy to have it in Baby D's room!

I love being prego, but where is that energy the books say I am supposed to get back? I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Mark Lyon said...

Lacy you are SO cute!!! You look radiant and so happy. I am so very excited for you and Derek!!

Tiffany and Joe said...

Lacy - you look so good! Can't wait to see you both on Sat! love you guys and little D too :)

Tiff and Joe