Okay, so I cannot believe that today Logan is one month old. I knew time would fly, but I never imagined it would go by this fast. I make it a goal each morning when I wake up to be present in the moment and leave the dishes and cleaning for when he is napping. Those awake moments are increasing and I just love gazing into his eyes and forming those bonds that will last a lifetime. I feel so blessed to be able to stay at home with him for the next several months! Although I get to spend all day with Logan, one of the favorite parts of the day is when Derek arrives home from work. To watch my big, strong husband turn into mush at the sight of Logan is the sweetest thing.Of course every little moment feels like a milestone when Logan discovers something new. His favorite toy is a turtle that he loves to bat at while sitting in his bouncy-seat. I find myself cheering each time he bats at a toy or lifts his head up during tummy time. What am I going to be like when he scores the winning touchdown or is "first chair" in band? I think I will be "that Mom" you can hear cheering loudly in the stands, just like my Dad was! Okay, back to the present...Logan is gaining great head control, is a wonderful eater, and even sleeps 4-5 hours between feedings at night. I also feel that Derek and I become better, more relaxed parents each day. We have noticed so many wonderful changes in ourselves now compared to the first week home with Logan. We are learning the different cries, learning how not to get peed on during diaper changes and can mix a bottle faster than before. I feel like we are really starting to "get it" and are settling into our new roles as Mom and Dad quiet nicely.
Upcoming adventures for Logan include a trip to New Mexico to meet his Great Grandparents and Great Aunt, a road trip to San Marcos to visit his JuJu and PawPaw, continued visits to the arboretum and being the best side-kick to Mom while running errands.
This is the life!
Pictures include his first Christmas, fun Christmas outfit, camo picture with PawPaw, story time with JuJu and his first Aggie outfit picture.


1 comment:
Are you proud of me that I am on the blog?! It was great talking with you the other day. I LOVE the camo photo! He "blends" in! Keep having fun with your little boy and we will talk soon.
Post a Comment