Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Welcome Home, Logan

While the hospital stay was quiet nice and the food was honestly tasty, Derek and I were ready to get home with Logan and start our lives as a family of three.

We shared many laughs while packing up to leave the hospital as well as on the drive home. You should have seen us putting Logan in his car seat for the first time (we even asked the nurse to check our work to ensure Logan was properly secured). When Derek pulled the car around he carefully put Logan in the back seat and then began getting the front seat ready for me. I guess he missed the section that new Mommies always want to ride in the backseat with their child on the way home from the hospital. Happily I watched over Logan on our trip home while grimacing at every car that got too close to ours and every pothole that was hit a little too fast. However, I think it was the first time my car was driven at the exact speed limit posted! The trip from the hospital was much slower paced than the trip to the hospital a few days before.

We arrived home to a "Welcome Baby Boy" sign and cute decorations all throughout the house! My parents did an excellent job decorating for the big homecoming. They hung streamers around his nursery door and banners in the archways along with balloons. It was spectacular!
Shortly after arriving home Logan showered Derek for the first time during a diaper change! I was in our bedroom and heard laughing from my Dad and Derek in Logan's nursery. It was so funny to walk in and see their faces, as well as Logan's! What a moment for the baby book.

Due to the shower, we decided to give Logan his first bath. We looked like the most amateur of parents and thank goodness it is all on video! Logan was screaming, Derek and I are rushing around and my parents are smiling at all the excitement. While the bath seemed traumatic, Logan was so cute in his hooded towel. This is one of my favorite pictures!


Welcome Home, Logan! I have a feeling we are all in for many laughs during this first year and beyond.

1 comment:

Ms. Judy said...

Congratulations and Welcome, Logan!