Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Logan's Birthday!

Sweet Baby Logan arrived on December 11th at 5:27am. He weighed 7lbs, 8oz and was 20.5 inches long. His delivery was the most amazing thing both Derek and I have ever experienced. The doctor and nurses truly made it a wonderful memory for us and I could not be happier with how everything went! I certainly have to hand to it to our hospital and their staff.

I wish I could express the feelings that ran through us the moment we first held our little boy, however I remember crying many tears of joy as well as Derek and I holding each other's hands tighter than when we found out we were pregnant with Logan.

The whole process was quiet exciting! They say only about one third of women experience their water breaking on its own, and I was lucky enough to be a part of that one third. Derek had arrived home early from work and we were just about to head out the door to Petsmart for dog food. As I was going through my standard routine to head out the door, I felt something strange and told Derek, "I think my water just broke." Of course his response was, "what do you mean you think your water broke?" Shortly after that question, I knew my water broke. I immediately called my parents so that they could start their four hour trip up here and Derek rushed to get the dogs to the vet for kenneling. I was rushing around making sure we had everything packed for ourselves and Logan. When Derek arrived back home we were both giddy while running around the house for a last check that everything was in order and in the car! It was such a fun experience. Keep in mind that the contractions hadn't set in too strong yet, so life was good. However, about 10 minutes into our 40 minute drive the hospital they set in and they were strong. For a moment I thought I was going to deliver the baby in the car and was screaming at Derek to speed up, but we learned at the hospital that I was not even close to the point of delivery yet. I honestly wish we would have had all of this on video tape because it would have been similar to the movies.

Once in the hospital and after the epidural, it was smooth sailing for the next 12 hours. Once Logan arrived both my parents and Derek's Mom were there to greet him. It was a wonderful experience for all! We also had wonderful visits from other friends and well wishes from all. I could not have asked for a better moment in time!


Welcome Logan and Happy Birthday!


No comments: