Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Logan meets Big Tex



Logan has had many adventures already, and today we went to the State Fair to enjoy Big Tex and fair food! Minus the rain, it was a fun day. It was nice for Derek and I to have a day with just the two of us thinking about what our family will be like in a few, short months. Oh, and the food was sinfully awesome. Fried jelly beans (imagine a jelly doughnut) were my favorite.

While the fair was fun, our morning was even better! We had our 28 week sonogram this morning and Logan is looking great. He is trending big (9% above average) and the doctor's predict he will likely be at least an 8 pound baby. Wow! He already has chubby little cheeks like Derek and I, as well as a cute button nose. Currently he weighs 3 pounds and was enjoying playing with his toes as we peeked in on him today. In the picture, his face is to the right and you can see his chubby cheek. Then in the middle you can see his arm reaching up to touch his toe, and you can even get a peek at both little feet. It was so cute and amazing to see him moving around and playing. We cannot wait to meet the little guy!


We also enjoyed a fabulous time with friends and family this weekend as our wonderful friends (Darsey, Courtney and Dianne) hosted a couple's baby shower in Fort Worth. We truly enjoyed the afternoon filled with lots of laughter! We are blessed to have such fun and sweet friends, and such wonderful parents. We left the shower recounting all of the great moments and wishing they could go on forever. Logan will be so lucky to be surrounded by all of the great people in our lives. Thank you to our friends and family for always making us feel loved and for your shared excitement in welcoming our son in a just a few months!

Derek and I are also officially certified to have a baby now! We finished our final Lamaze class this past Sunday and our Baby Basics class. I have to say that both classes were wonderful and we didn't even have to watch the birthing video we had heard so much about. Thank goodness!

So, all is well in the Deckard household! And I leave you with my favorite picture from the shower...super Dad Derek with the stroller. I have no doubts Logan will grow up in a house full of love and plenty of laughter! Also, I have included a couple of more shots from the past weeks below...























No comments: