We first heard the heartbeat at 6 weeks. Our doctor is truly amazing and worked so
hard to ensure we got to hear that faint heartbeat on our first visit. At our 8 week visit we heard the heartbeat loud and clear via sonogram. (to the right is a picture of our 8 wk visit that shows the heartbeat) On both visits I cried in joy and relief and I remember squeezing Derek's hand so tightly, tighter than on our wedding day when we walked back down the aisle as husband and wife. I wanted to stare at the screen all day and found myself looking at the sonogram pictures often.One of the neatest things has been seeing Derek connect with our baby. Of course being the one carrying the baby and experiencing all of the changes, us women connect sooner. However, having your husband touch your belly and say "Hi Baby" is so cool! Now the baby gets a good morning, a good afternoon and a goodnight everyday, along with a few other conversations from Derek. I enjoy talking to the little one and imagining that day when I get to meet him or her.
Another neat thing was telling our families the exciting news! We told our parent's via homemade picture books disguised as an Anniversary and Mother's day present. Next we started calling family! The responses were wonderful, of course. We heard the joy over being a Great Aunt, a Great Grandparent and everyone shared pure excitement for our news.
So now I am 13 weeks! The nausea is almost gone and I notice more spurts of en
I heard the heartbeat via doppler on Friday, 6/27, and that was so cool, totally rad or any other 80's adjectives that fit here. The heartbeat sounded great according to the doctor and again, I could have laid there all day listening to the baby moving around.
My next appointment is in late July with the "is it a boy or girl appointment" the first of August. Yes, we do want to find out because I am a planner. I need to know if it will be a pink room with an over the top princess theme or a boys room with whatever boys like (still working out the boy room plan). We have a couple of names picked out and will share those once the sex of the baby has been determined.
So, that is the latest for the first trimester! Everything is great, Derek and I are over the moon, our parents, grandparents and extended family and friends are all super excited and ready to welcome this little one with big hugs and kisses. It will be the first grandchild for my parents and the fifth for Derek's parents. It will also be the first great grandchild for my Grandma and Grandpa House.
Please add this blog to your favorites list and check it often for updates on the Baby! I am excited to be able to share our pregnancy with family and friends through this site. Baby D is already one lucky little ducky!
Below are baby pictures of Derek and I that I thought you all would enjoy seeing to get a glimpse of what our little one might look like...


1 comment:
Hey, I remember that cute little girl!
Your mom sent me the link to your blog and said to check it out when I had a chance. Immediately wasn't fast enough! I am soo excited for ya'll. I will definetly keep checking back! Love, Judy
Post a Comment