
We are the Deckards (Derek and Lacy) and we have started this blog so that we can share life's moments and pictures with friends and family. Blogging is definitely new to this family, however we love sharing pictures and stories, and we enjoy keeping up with everyone!
A little history on how the Deckards started...
We married in August of 2005 and moved into our first home shortly after that. Realizing that our home was not complete without pets, we adopted a Great
Dane (who is really our first child) named Polly. She is spoiled rotten and at 120lbs, she rules the house. Earlier this year, we decided Polly needed a playmate, so we adopted Sam. He is a cute Great Dane who will probably be bigger than Polly. Just as with any second child, he is not as spoiled as Polly, but he certainly enjoys the comforts of an indoor life complete with fluffy pillows and bones.
Derek and I both have amazing families that we lean on and look to for smiles and comfort. They are very important in our lives and we thank God for giving us such good parents. We also have wonderful friends! We have a fun mix that when we all get together for the annual Christmas Party, we have a blast. Some friends have been with us from childhood, some from our crazy college days and some from our recent interests, including the JLD for me. They all add something special to our lives and keep us smiling and laughing! I honestly don't think I could remain happy through this life without the love of family and friends.
Other than that, Derek and I enjoy a pretty fun life together. I couldn't ask for a better match. Derek loves my quirky side, calms the princess side and gives the best hugs I could ever ask for. I am goofy most of the time, so I keep him laughing and wondering what in the world I will think of next. We have experienced some sad losses during our marriage that have only made us stronger as a couple and we have enjoyed some great events that make us truly appreciate each other more. It is amazing how the statement "love only gets stronger with time" is true! I feel so lucky and blessed to be married to such a wonderful man and friend.
The best advice my Dad gave me was "never settle in anything you do, or in life." I have always lived by this. The best quote my Mom ever shared with me is "The Best is Yet to Come." She is always right. So with these two memories with me, I look forward to what is ahead and get excited about what life still has to offer in the future!
I welcome you to view our blog entries and our photos. I welcome your comments and questions, and I hope this blog allows us to get to know you better and for you take a glimpse into the Deckard's Place.
A little history on how the Deckards started...
We married in August of 2005 and moved into our first home shortly after that. Realizing that our home was not complete without pets, we adopted a Great
Derek and I both have amazing families that we lean on and look to for smiles and comfort. They are very important in our lives and we thank God for giving us such good parents. We also have wonderful friends! We have a fun mix that when we all get together for the annual Christmas Party, we have a blast. Some friends have been with us from childhood, some from our crazy college days and some from our recent interests, including the JLD for me. They all add something special to our lives and keep us smiling and laughing! I honestly don't think I could remain happy through this life without the love of family and friends.
Other than that, Derek and I enjoy a pretty fun life together. I couldn't ask for a better match. Derek loves my quirky side, calms the princess side and gives the best hugs I could ever ask for. I am goofy most of the time, so I keep him laughing and wondering what in the world I will think of next. We have experienced some sad losses during our marriage that have only made us stronger as a couple and we have enjoyed some great events that make us truly appreciate each other more. It is amazing how the statement "love only gets stronger with time" is true! I feel so lucky and blessed to be married to such a wonderful man and friend.
The best advice my Dad gave me was "never settle in anything you do, or in life." I have always lived by this. The best quote my Mom ever shared with me is "The Best is Yet to Come." She is always right. So with these two memories with me, I look forward to what is ahead and get excited about what life still has to offer in the future!
I welcome you to view our blog entries and our photos. I welcome your comments and questions, and I hope this blog allows us to get to know you better and for you take a glimpse into the Deckard's Place.

No comments:
Post a Comment