
The big question we get, having two giant dogs, is "how are the dogs doing with Logan?" Not surprisingly, they are doing awesome! Sammy is a skittish dog normally, so when Logan starts waving his arms, Sammy runs and hides. But if Logan is somewhat still, Sammy will let him grab his ears and pet him. Then there are days that I am pretty sure Polly thinks Logan is her baby. She has to lay close to where he is and needs to get up for an occasional diaper sniff. She also alerts me any time he is crying (don't' worry, I usually hear it too). However, one day I was vacuuming and Logan woke up from his nap crying. I could not hear him over the noise of the vacuum, but Polly came running into the room where I was, nosed me and quickly got my attention (think of Lassie and Timmy). I said "what is is Polly" (now your getting the picture). And she runs to Logan's door hopping up and down (yes, Great Danes hop, it's hilarious). I praised her for being such a good girl and Logan smiled as soon as Polly nosed the door open.
Those two are a pair! Logan laughs when Polly sniffs him, as her whiskers tickle his legs. And he reaches out for her whenever she is near. I can certainly see Logan crawling around after her in just a few short months (and Sammy will probably run and hide).
No comments:
Post a Comment