Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ruidoso!

Okay, so I feel so rude that I have not blogged about Ruidoso yet, considering we went almost a month ago. The trip was nothing to forget as Logan met his Great Grandparents, Great Aunt, Great Uncle, and his 2nd cousins (whom I refer to as "aunt" and "uncle") for the first time! I must say that I get giddy when it comes time to introduce Logan to new family and friends. He is such a special little guy to us that we want him to know those that are so important to us.

The last time Derek and I saw my family in New Mexico was when I was about 5 months pregnant. So Derek and I were so very excited to finally get back!

The first milestone for Logan was the plane ride. We had no idea how he would take to an airplane, but he acted like a pro! Not a single fuss...he just sat relaxed in my arms the entire flight. Honestly myself, and all of the other passengers, were shocked at how well he did. Here is a picture in-flight:
We flew into Roswell, and I really wish I had some sort of Logan/alien picture to share with you, but I don't. I promise I will when we go back in a few months. Perhaps Logan hugging an alien or wearing alien antenna's would do.

So then, we arrived to an anxiously awaiting family in Ruidoso! We survived the plane ride and the drive up the mountains, and Logan was still all smiles. Here are some pictures of Logan meeting the family. I do have to laugh at "uncle" Dustin though. The whole comfortable around small children thing isn't quiet there for him as it is for "aunt" Kristi (his wife). He was stiff as a board holding Logan and it was honestly funny. We all got a kick out of it!










We were so sad when it came time to come home, but we are certainly looking forward to another trip real soon! Big hugs to all in Ruidoso/Lubbock.

No comments: