The nursery is coming along beautifully! Baby D will have his own safari getaway right here in our home. This past weekend we painted all of the animals on the wall: a giraffe peeking over the crib, a lion peeking out of the closet, a zebra saying hello over the changing table and a monkey waving from the window. Also, Derek has been hard at work putting up the fence on the wall around the room. He is also adding two corner posts on either side of the crib so that we can hang camping lanterns on either side for that safari-camp feel! Baby D will have sweet dreams in his own safari camp. We still plan to add a few more things to the room such as painting the baby's name above the crib and adding more around the window including window treatments and possibly a tree branch or vine for the monkey to hang from.
The nursery has been a fun project! Derek has enjoyed all of the woodworking and I have enjoyed having a project around the house that we can work on together. It is so fun to put on our painting clothes and work on Baby D's nursery. We are so excitedly awaiting his arrival!
We also had our 24 week appointment today and all is well! Our son was so funny today as he kept kicking the doppler as the doctor was trying to hear his heartbeat. I think he thought it was funny, and to Derek and I it was! Plus he made the doctor giggle a little. That's our son, already having fun! His kicks are very prominent now and hard...I like to call him my little karate kid and my Mom jokes that we should call him Jackie Chan due to his fine martial art skills inside the womb. It is fun to not only feel him kick, but to watch him from the outside. I can feel him turn, move and am waiting for the day I can feel his hiccups. Derek can now feel and see him every night which has been such a joy! We are both anticipating the day when he kicks one of the dogs as they are laying their heads on my belly. I am sure the dogs will have a look of utter confusion and Derek and I will be laughing, as always!
I also got to enjoy a wonderful spa day with my friend Shelley who is due in January as well. What a wonderful day and a wonderful pre-natal massage. Shelley and I were able to relax and enjoy being pampered pregos! Here is a picture of the two of us prior to our massages. Shelley has some great ideas for pictures once our babies are born as she is having a little girl and as you all know, we are having a little boy. I see hand holding and hugging pictures in our future!
I also wanted to share one funny story. As some of you know, I am substitute teaching until Baby D makes his arrival. This week is my first time in the classroom and the kids are so precious! I taught 2nd grade earlier in the week and the sweet children would put their hand on my belly, look up at me and whisper in wonderment, "is there a baby in there?" I would then say yes and they would smile with such joy and run back to their desk. The innocence and sweetness of children is wonderful.
So with that, I wrap up this blog entry! Please stay tuned for more nursery pictures as our goal is to have the nursery finished by October 11th when we will have family in town staying with us. I cannot wait to show you all the finished project and I am looking forward to taking many pictures of our son in his safari camp. I wish you all a wonderful week and I want to send a
special prayer and thought to my family that was affected by Ike as well as others that have been affected. We love you all!

1 comment:
How Cute! I love it! :)
Post a Comment